Happy reading:)

Sunday 15 May 2011

big couple of weeks

Well, well, well... what a big couple of weeks it has been at the Gerrand's house! With Jack Johnston (famous sculptor) over from America staying with my grandparents, but practically at our house 24/7. Teaching all these ladies how to sculpt dolls in our house, it has been full on. Jenny also gave up her room for two ladies that were staying with us for 4 days. So though it doesn't seem like much there are also things like school, including two folios that are due in 3 weeks which basically means my social life is gone! Sacs galore in year 12!  working 3 shifts a week gets full on, so by the end of the week I'm so glad its over, only to start the week all over again. Life can be tough but with out the loving supportive family and friends i have, i wouldn't get through.
17= a weird age, where adults seeing us been as mischief, where we feel grown up almost being 18 yet we still seem young to everyone else. I don't feel like a young "little" girl anymore. I want to be able to explore the world and what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Yet still being in school, no one seems to give us a chance. I'm not entirely sure what people see as our age level to be, but its almost a dud age. Where your not old enough to do anything, or be seen as mature. But not young enough to seem innocent, or a kid. so i guess ill have to at least try and enjoy the good moments while I can :) spare the time that i have left in school, and make time for myself and friends. Some people are so serious about year 12. i guess you would have to be if you know what you want to do. But what if you don't? how can you try your best if you don't even want to do those things later, its almost a waste of time. But we are all expected to complete year 12 so that we can pursue in the qualification and job you would like. Thats why had to move schools this year, to study in Photography, to build up folios. So, not matter how bad this school can get, or no matter how much i don't enjoy it, I need to stay positive.
well thats it from my mind at the moment. Pretty sure there is other things up there too, but i won't be sharing those just yet :) ----- Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment