Happy reading:)

Sunday 24 July 2011

What is to come.... ?

The last couple of months have been interesting, full of a lot of things, that have changed me. Often, i find myself thinking. As i watch the rain drops fall down the window, slowly, the gravity of time passes by. Next thing i know its been over 10 minutes that has passed. And all i did was watch the rain, falling.
Time is a funny thing, we grow old in time, people pass in time, and in time we all have a life.
We all see what is now in our lives. We might still be studying, be a full time or part time worker, some of us may have children ( not the majority who reads this blog), some may be struggling to find a job, and some, well some might not even know what is ahead for them. And really none of us do.
Right now, we all have a purpose. Everything has a purpose. The rain falling down on the window, the rain has a purpose.
I'm just going to share a little story...
This year, i was certain i wanted a prophecy,  Through someone from God, i was set out to find one. To hear from God. I went to a few different churches and got people to pray for me, and i worshiped and worshiped.. and i didn't have anything. A lot of my friends were hearing from God in miraculous ways, through different people praying, through other friends, and through the holy spirit. anyway, nothing yet had happened for me through someone.
About two or more weeks ago, i had a vision, or picture in my head... ill describe it to you....
"Imagine the African desert, all orange dusty, hardly trees.. there was a river, right in front of me, a shallow one of course, about ankle deep. now imagine looking across the little river from the ground, and watching all these feet running through it... The feet were dark skinned, skinny and little,  without seeing faces i saw them pushing out little boats across the river... "
WEll that was my vision/ picture, i had no idea what it was, all i knew is that to me it meant something. With all my hope to get a word from someone, nothing came. I didn't doubt God for a second, i only doubted myself.
Last night Allan spoke at church, about surrendering yourself to God.. now, i had done this many times over and over again.. as worship came, people were getting prayed for p the front.. as i started to pray in tongues , i felt this chilling sensation... i knew God wanted me to show him that i am willing to surrender . So i walked up to miranda, who was up the front, as i got there, i knew God didn't want me to get prayed for ( though miranda's prayer was still great!! ) as soon as i reached the front Instantly everything was blocked out of my head. I couldn't even hear miranda speaking let alone the band.... As i opened my eyes from this moment, i knew God had shown me the rest of the vision.
From the other vision along the river, and the feet running, i saw-- " I turned to look up from watching the feet running through the water, a little black boy, with big eyes, and a massive smile grabbed my hand. He looked at me, and as i saw his smile, and his beautiful eyes, he said "com'on com'on".. i was running with them, having fun. "
In the next moment, all i could do was smile. All this year i had wanted God to give me a prophecy through someone,  to hear a word, or anything from someone. I never knew that someone would be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment