Happy reading:)

Sunday 17 May 2015

JAPAN- Day 1

Well, as many of you know I am in Japan for 3 weeks doing mission and travel. Super excited as it is my first overseas trip since I was 8. 
 I plan on blogging a few times. I'm not sure how that will go, but I shall try Mum.

I have discovered so far, that I'm not good at sleeping on a plane overnight. So Jess and I hardly got any sleep- But we did manage to get 2 seats each, so we were able to squish up and lay down most of the flight (which was amazing).

The first day should be interesting! We are just hoping they speak more English then we do Japanese, and that we make it to the hotel in Yokahama okay.

The things I'm most looking forward to?

The authentic Japanese food and the fact its going to be above 10 degrees here. Yay for sunshine! The culture is probably going to be amazing and different to what I expect, but I'm excited to see past the land of Oz and see all new things. And I'm looking forward to telling people about Jesus. Exciting times to come friends.

We managed to escape the airport with everything in hand. Now travelling on a bus to Yokahoma where we will be staying.

In Japan it is also classified rude to chat on public transport, so Jess and I just make eye contact and point. It's the best we can do!

Also, I cant trust my instinct here. If it looks like apple juice- it most likely isn't!




So we are at the hotel. It took us a while. After our maps stopped working properly,and we went a few different directions. We ended up just catching a taxi instead of lagging our stuff around.
We have also discovered how kind the Japanese are. We had a man help us get to our train, and showed us all the way. A man helped Jess carry her bag, and we had an older couple stop and try help us with directions. They seriously go above and beyond just to help. It made me think how little we often stop and just simply "help". Everyone is so polite.
Our hotel room Or should I say room which is about 2 meters by 1.5 meters. We don't have beds, just blankets. Our kitchen is in our door way (which consists of a bar fridge). We are sleeping right next to the door and we just manage to cram all of our stuff in. And we are nice and cosy.
It's not close to amazing at all, but we wanted to see the real Japan. We got it!
We have been overwhelmed so far. Not just by our sleeping conditions, but the culture. Just by getting to our hotel.
Before we went for a walk to hunt down some kind of supermarket. Along the way we were greeted by a few people who simply just wanted to chat. We are definetly feeling like we are out of our comfort zone.
Shall be an interesting few weeks!
Lucky we laugh instead of cry, and feel blessed to even be here. WE'RE IN JAPAN!
time for sleep.

Bye friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment