Happy reading:)

Sunday 8 June 2014

Hug them a little more.

 Isn't it funny that when you lose someone, or something, your world changes. Your heart changes, and you suddenly feel like something you had is missing. It's hard to describe, but when you lose something, you can almost feel lost yourself. Sometimes loosing someone doesn't take long to sink in, other times our hearts refuse to allow the truth to become real. We'd rather not accept that they are gone, or that you will never see them again.
I'm sure we have all lost something or someone weather it be a friend, family member, a child or a loved pet. It still hurts no matter what. It doesn't change the pain of losing them. And it doesn't change reality, no matter how often we expect them to walk in the door, or for them to magically show up in our lives again. We wish to see them just one more time. Or have one more moment.

 I guess in this world, we try so hard to hold onto the things and people we have, we can forget that in that moment- it could be your last, their last. What would you say or do differently if you knew it was the last moment you were to ever see that someone again.
There are always parts of my life I would change. I'm sure there are moments in anyone's life they would change. But we can't! The past is the past, and life just seems to go on.
Maybe I would speak my mind a little more, tell that person how I really feel, hug just a little bit longer, and love a little more. Be less selfish and more selfless.
But It shouldn't take losing someone to realise this, we should always love beyond our capability.
And this makes me think, How often do we take people for granted?
How often do we push people around, and not speak words of life into someone, when we have the chance.
The people around you have been placed there for a reason, instead of seeking love & acceptance from all of them, maybe you have been placed in their life to love and accept them.

And this doesn't help the pain of losing someone, I guess we all fear things like death, losing someone, and not being here, or the things we will miss out on. We don't know why bad things happen, or people die unexpectedly. We can't change what is going to happen, but we can change our perspective and our attitude when it does. Even though that can seem impossible, Gods grace can change ANYTHING!  We cling onto the hope that God gives us, the love that he offers, and the peace he restores in our hearts when fear becomes painfully enduring. Sometimes it is all we have, sometimes its all we can see in the darkness. God.

When it comes to losing someone, I find the memories flood my mind  When I think of the , the good times, the bad, but the first thing that comes to mind every time, with out a doubt, is the last time I saw them. The last time I will ever see them. The goodbye you had, or didn't have, their smile and their hugs, and the love you felt for them comes back to the surface, and as tears well up in your eyes, you know that hey meant more to you in this life then they will ever know.
 I guess it's part of letting go, but no matter what I will still hold onto hope. Still remember who they were to you and who you were to them. The difference they made in your life, and who you would be without them.

Loss is a painful thing. So my challenge to you, who ever you may be, is to Live a life full of love, laughter and no regrets. Live each moment as it comes, but don't take anyone or the time you have left for granted. Don't hesitate to go beyond the line, and live your dreams.

Not that I have lost anyone recently, it's always a good reminder to love the people around you.
This photo gives you some perspective of what I'm trying to say, no matter who you are, Love a little more, appreciate people more, & always HUG a little more.

Peace, Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment