Happy reading:)

Monday 25 November 2013

A story takes time, and time is a beautiful thing.

I've come to the conclusion that time although we age, is a beautiful thing. The other night was my cousin Benedicts school concert at Box Hill town hall. My aunty invited me, so I went a long to see him perform. A dew songs and some dancing.
As I was walking towards the hall, I saw in the distance my Grandma standing there. She always has a smile on her face and a warm welcome. She is one of those people anyone could get along with.
We walked in together to find my aunty and take a seat. As we were sitting and waiting- the hall was filling with loud kids and parents who wanted to sit as close to the front as possible. My Grandma leaned over to me and said with a massive smile on her face "I met your Grandpa here". Instantly my mind too me back 50 years, as she was describing their first meeting...
They both had gone dancing, ballroom dancing. (Yeah, guys actually did that back then). Apparently Grandpa spotted her on the other side of the room, and was instantly drawn towards her. So he gathered himself together and asks her to dance (how romantic). This particular dance my Grandma loved, so you can imagine her excitment.
If anyone knows my Grandma, she loves to talk. And thats what she did. As they danced, she went on and on about how much she loved this dance. Once the dance was over and she had finished talking; she stood back against the wall. The next song started.. and Grandma was waiting for him to ask her again. But he didn't. So She tought she had just made a fool of herself. Little did she know that he was waiting for the same type of dance to come on (her favorite) so he could ask her to dance a again..
The next week they met again, and then the next...
And from there on the rest is history. As I sat in the town hall watching my cousin perform, watching the time go past and seeing how time has the biggest impact on our lives. I looked across to my grandma, who once again sat in the same hall she met her husband in, only 50 years later watching one of her 10 Grand children perform. A massive smile on her face. I had a warm heart, my thoughts were filled with joy as I saw joy in her heart.  And it all started with a greeting and a dance..
One thing I have learnt from the past few months has been accepting time. Aceppting life as it comes. Our journies are all different, but they are for a greater purpose. We are created for a greater purpose.
Time is short, beautiful and strong, live every opportunity, create every moment, and live in todays time, tomorrows will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment