Happy reading:)

Thursday 5 April 2012

the fifth of April two thousand and twelve.

I haven't blogged in a while so I'm sorry if this is a bit on edge or boring but if you want to... keep on reading :) 

Well, my name is still Katherine Elizabeth Gerrand, and so far I'm still on a long fulfilling journey with God. Ill tell you a bit about what is happening in my world.
At the moment, trying to fit God into every situation, every day is my aim. I have recently read 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John and Jude. Great books of the bible. I have also read "When God writes your love story" Its a book that changed my whole perspective on relationships. In a good way, a way where it has taken all of me to give every corner of my life to God. and not trusting myself, but relying on his strength only. It's amazing how happy you can become when God starts to work through you and around you. Joy is with you even in the saddest of moments, why? Because the holy Spirit is in me. Other things that are happening... I'm photographing a wedding next week with another photographer, been looking for other jobs ( but lets see where God will take me). I have started in a new small group, which God has really blessed me with amazing people, My parents have bought a new house in Ferny Creek, where we will move once Steph is 18. I have been writing a lot of my book, which is a book that no one will ever read haha

Another thought on my mind...
Have you ever wondered why we're here? On earth?
It's a question that comes to my mind everyday.
I know it's a hard question but it really gets me thinking.

When I think about life- I think about eternal life. The life after this one. Of course it gets my brain ticking even more, as it would for yours because eternal life is something we don't experience until well... we're dead.
When thinking about eternal life, I think about Jesus and his death. It really makes me appreciate the works God has done for us.
You know what gets me? That most people know what "Easter" is, they also celebrate it all year round. Yet a lot of those people are celebrating a bunny and chocolate.
One thing I found today working in the bakery packing all the hot cross buns is that people love them. Yet the idea behind them is the "cross" on the bun. Not many people understand that the "cross" on hot cross buns is representing all God did for us, and how Jesus sacrificed his own life for ours. Even though it is 2012 years after his death, the world is still revolving around him, yet people are blind to see it. This actually really makes me wander how this world can be such a harsh, place filled with pain, temptation, loss, hurt, guilt and suffering. And all these things blind people from the truth.

Just remember that through hardships, bad times, loss, guilt and pain, God is above all your sorrows, the temptations you face and the Challenges you face. Have faith and trust in him and the plan he has for your life, cause it sure is going to be an adventure. Until we see him face to face, and grace amazing takes us home!

Jesus be the center!

No comments:

Post a Comment